Saturday, April 25, 2009

The making of the tulip bouquet and cupcakes

First, you roll out the fondant/sugarpaste thinly and use the cutters and then press them between a veiner. I had a photo of all the cutters and veiners and other tools I used but for some reason it won't convert into a jpeg.







You have to let it dry in the position and shape you want to set in so I let my petals and leaves mould in spoons and a bowl. You might have noticed that you don't see any of these petals in the final bouquet. That's because as I said, they weren't dry enough and they all broke on me.















Cover the cake in fondant, wrap around a decorative red ribbon to bring out the colours of the flowers.




Apply finishing touches 5 minutes before you have to rush out the door because you're already half an hour late.



And there you have it!


Close up shots of the momentos















Love my $15 Bake and Take cupcake carrier from Coles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment