Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lots of stuff for Monica's 23rd Birthday

I made a whole bunch of stuff for Monica's birthday:-
1. Vanilla cupcakes with red buttercream icing
2. Vanilla cakes with buttercream icing with momento decorations
3, Madeira cake (made by Diana) covered in white fondant and decorated with a sugarpaste tulip spray

Photos courtesy of Emily Yu






I'm not sure if you can see the momentos clearly but they are
1. Karate outfit with black belt because Monica does Karate
2. Golden Venetian mask because Monica and I went to Venice together
3. Red ball of wool with knitting needles because we used to be in a knitting circle together
4. White ball of wool with knitting needles
5. Pink ballet slippers because our 'awesome foursome' group of friends danced together in Revue
6. Dr. Seuss' Cat in the Hat hat from our days doing Medrevue '04 'The Cat with the Fat'
7. Surf board with "Surfer's" written on it because the trip we made to Surfer's Paradise in 2004


Not what I wanted to do initially but it turned out ok in the end for my first spray, I think. I had a lot of drama putting it together because I didn't really allow enough time for the petals to dry, so luckily I managed to salvage enough petals for 4 tulips.



Ta Da!

I took some photos along the way to show the process. I shall put those up soon. Happy Birthday, Monica!

2 comments:

  1. And I can testify that they were the most beautiful and delicious cupcakes and cake (haven't had the heart to let anyone touch that yet :P) I've ever seen. Thanks Caryl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say these cakes looked AMAZING. but thanks to MONICA i wasn't allowed to touch them until i was too full to eat any :oP but i'm sure they tasted super too.

    ReplyDelete