Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Baby shower cupcakes for Aryan

I threw my sister-in law a baby shower back in early December and now she is literally about to pop. She is 39+4 weeks today and I can't wait to meet my new niece. Below are some close up shots of the cupcakes I made for the picnic we had at Coogee Beach with friends and family.

Just my usual vanilla cupcakes with pink buttercream. Toppers are made out of modeling paste and shaped using a mould i bought at Iced Affair in Camperdown. Smoosh modeling paste into the mould, then put it in the freezer for a few minutes and then pop it out. Nice and easy! Then paint with food colouring. I bought these food colouring pens which were a bit expensive but totally worth the investment. And then I painted over it with some shimmer dust just to make it look a bit more polished.















blog comments powered by Disqus